DISCLAIMER & CONFIRMATION
Under the rules of the Bar Council of India, Amarjit Associates LLP (the “Firm”) is prohibited from soliciting work or advertising. By clicking, “I Agree” below, the user acknowledges that:
- There has been no advertisement, personal communication, solicitation, invitation or inducement of any sort whatsoever from the Firm or any of its members to solicit any work or advertise through this website
- The purpose of this website is to provide the user with information about the Firm, its practice areas, its advocates and solicitors;
- The user wishes to gain more information about the Firm for his/her own information and personal/ professional use; and
- The information about the Firm is provided to the user only on his/ her specific request and any information obtained or materials downloaded from this website are completely at the user’s volition and any transmission, receipt or use of this website would not create any lawyer-client relationship.
- This website is not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation and the contents hereof should not be construed as legal advice in any manner whatsoever.
- The Firm is not liable for any consequence of any action taken by the user relying on material/ information provided under this website. In cases where the user requires any assistance, he/she must seek independent legal advice.
- The content of this website is Intellectual Property of the Firm.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Amarjit Associates LLP. Amarjit Associates LLP will never give your personal details to any third party without your permission. You understand that your use and access of Amarjit Associates LLP website accessible at URL www.amarjitassociates.com (“Site”) makes you a “User” of the Site, and the creation of an account to log into the portal meant solely and exclusively for Amarjit Associates LLP clientele and/or lawfully accessing information through the client portal on the Site would make you a “Client” of the Site.
A. FOR USERS AND CLIENTS
- To create an account and in some other circumstances, Amarjit Associates LLP may require information provided by the User/Client. Amarjit Associates LLP is committed to ensuring that the User’s/Client’s privacy is protected. Any personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data sought from you and provided in these circumstances on the Site will only be used in accordance with this policy and applicable laws.
- Amarjit Associates LLP requires this information to understand a User’s/Client’s needs and customize the Site according to them, improve its services and for other reasons such as data analytics, internal record keeping, develop new services relevant to the needs of the User/Client and/or to periodically send emails and/or notifications about legal updates, information pertaining to an existing portfolio and the like. As Users/Clients of the Site, you specifically consent to and understand that, during or after your access of the Site and/or use of the services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP through the Site, Amarjit Associates LLP has your permission to use your information as a part of the aggregate, anonymized database as allowed under prevailing Indian laws.
- Amarjit Associates LLP may contact a User or Client by email, notifications, phone, fax or mail inter alia, details may be provided by the Client to customize the Site according to its interests.
- Where a User/Client believes that such information is not necessary for the provision of services by Amarjit Associates LLP, the User/Client may request control the collection or use of its personal information by writing to Amarjit Associates LLP at email@example.com / Suite 404, 4th Floor, Law Arcade, 18, Pusa Road, New Delhi – 110005 to revoke any such permission previously given to Amarjit Associates LLP about use of such information, which request may be considered by Amarjit Associates LLP as long as it does not affect the provision of services by Amarjit Associates LLP.
- Amarjit Associates LLP has systems and personnel to analyze content shared and uploaded by Users and Clients on the Site. This analysis occurs as records are shared, uploaded, received, and when it is stored on the Site, and is permissible under prevailing laws. Additionally, the Site may ask for permission to store cookies on a User’s/Client’s computer. Cookies are only stored for statistical analysis purposes. These cookies help analyze web traffic and help improve services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP by allowing customizations of the Site to the User’s/Client’s preferences. A cookie in no way gives access to a computer or any additional information, other than the data shared by the User/Client. Access to cookies can be denied during the installation of the cookies by modifying the settings on a web browser, however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
- Amarjit Associates LLP has already put in place procedures in accordance with legal and commercially reasonable industry standards to safeguard and secure a User’s/Client’s personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data. Amarjit Associates LLP routinely runs, checks and tests its Site to ensure that it is not prone to any attacks from known viruses, malware, bloatware, trojans and spyware. However, it is strongly recommended that you run your own antivirus program when you access or download any content from the Site.
- Amarjit Associates LLP is not responsible for and accepts no liability for any damage to a User’s/Client’s computer system or loss of data caused by using the Site or claimed to be arising as a result of having used the Site.
- Amarjit Associates LLP will not share, sell, distribute or lease a User’s/Client’s personal information to third parties. In the event, Amarjit Associates LLP is undergoing a reorganization, transfer of its business or assets through sale, merger or acquisition for business reasons, a Client’s all personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data may form a part of such transferred business assets, with the express consent of the Client. Additionally, all personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data provided continue to be governed by this policy displayed on the Site and agreed upon by you, and all applicable laws. In the event that this policy is changed during the process of transfer of business assets, Amarjit Associates LLP will make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the confidential records, personal information and sensitive data will be adequately protected as per prevailing laws and Amarjit Associates LLP (which includes its successors-in-interest) may obtain a User’s/Client’s consent or inform the User/Client about the new privacy policies and any other policies which will govern the use of the services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP or its successors-in-interest.
- For the purpose of this policy, “personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data” means all information (including any information relating to a Client’s account, username or password etc.), methods developed for analysis, examination and verification and other such details (the “Disclosing Party”) or, which may be supplied to or may otherwise come into the possession of the other (the “Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing or in any other form, and which is confidential or proprietary in nature or otherwise expressed by the Disclosing Party to be confidential and is not generally available to the public.
- The Receiving Party shall keep confidential and secret and not disclose to any third party the personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data or any part of it. The Receiving Party agrees to take all possible precautions in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards to protect the personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data from any third party.
- Further no use, reproduction, transformation or storage of the personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data shall be made by the User without the prior written permission of Amarjit Associates LLP, except where required to be disclosed pursuant to any applicable law or legal process issued by any court or the rules of any competent regulatory body.
- The User/Client has access to only its own data and information stored in the database at Site (subject to prior confirmation of identity) and nothing more. The User/Client may edit or amend such data and information from time to time, if Amarjit Associates LLP provides such an option.
- Personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data voluntarily revealed by the User/Client, is done at the sole discretion and risk of the User/Client. Amarjit Associates LLP shall not be responsible for misuse of any such information, collected by a third party, or any unsolicited messages from such third parties.
- You are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation the following activities: (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing”, “hacking” or “crashing”; or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- In addition to the above, you shall not use the Site or services provided or offered by Amarjit Associates LLP to:
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP;
- remove any intellectual property rights, copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretense;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as “spam” to Users/Clients and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP or otherwise interfere with other Users or User’s enjoyment of the Site and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP;
- use any crawler, robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP or for crawling the Site and scraping content or to circumvent the technological methods adopted by the Site to prevent such prohibited use;
- submit any content or material that falsely express or imply that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Amarjit Associates LLP or the Site;
- copy or store any content offered on the Site for any purpose other than your own personal use;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- make use of the Site or services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Amarjit Associates LLP IT infrastructure.
- You understand that Amarjit Associates LLP Site, including all information, software, mobile applications and services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP available from this Site or offered as part of or in conjunction with this Site have been created, secured and maintained in accordance all applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards to protect your information and ensure continued confidentiality of any sensitive information received and you therefore acknowledge that Amarjit Associates LLP will not be held liable in any manner for any breach of such personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data under circumstances beyond its control.
- You shall not use the Site to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation content provided by Amarjit Associates LLP:
- for any unlawful purpose or in violation of any applicable law, regulation, international law or laws of any other country; or
- in a manner that will infringe the intellectual property rights, publicity, privacy or confidentiality of others or other personal rights of others, or
- that is defamatory, slanderous, libelous, obscene, threatening, abusive or is offensive to users of the Site, such as content or messages that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; or
- that is false or misleading; or
- that harasses or advocates harassment of another person.
- You understand that, unless otherwise agreed upon, your consent to use services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP will continue throughout the duration of your access to Amarjit Associates LLP Site and use of services by Amarjit Associates LLP.
- You understand that you can request to revoke such consent at any time, subject to this policy and applicable laws.
B. FOR CLIENTS
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, you understand that if you decide to discontinue your use of services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP or if Amarjit Associates LLP decides to terminate your use of its Site and its services for any reason whatsoever, you can seek to have records of any personally identifiable information given by you to Amarjit Associates LLP returned, which request shall not be unreasonably denied.
- You also understand and acknowledge that some services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP may be performed through independent contractors, distributors and consultants, and may be regulated by different policies, terms and conditions. You acknowledge that any personal information and confidential records and any other sensitive data provided to such independent contractors, distributors and consultants in pursuance of services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP may be chargeable at a fee. You also acknowledge and understand that the actions of any independent contractors and consultants during their performance of services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP are at your own risk. You agree and acknowledge that Amarjit Associates LLP is not responsible or liable for any actions of such independent contractors and consultants, and agree to hold Amarjit Associates LLP harmless from and against all claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements with regard to any acts of such independent contractors, distributors and consultants.
- Amarjit Associates LLP reserves the right to maintain records of the account history of its Clients, including without limitation all billing information and case history, where applicable, and communications. To the extent possible, Amarjit Associates LLP will maintain these records on its secure servers in an encrypted form. However, your transaction details where services provided by Amarjit Associates LLP are rendered upon the payment of a fee may be preserved by Amarjit Associates LLP for purposes of tax or regulatory compliance as per applicable laws in India.
- Unless you opt-out, you hereby provide your consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically or as and when required. Further, you allow Amarjit Associates LLP to communicate with you through email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise as the need may be.
Amarjit Associates LLP reserves its right to change these policies periodically by updating this page. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org / Suite 404, 4th Floor, Law Arcade, 18, Pusa Road, New Delhi – 110005 if you have any concerns with the current policy or any changes Amarjit Associates LLP may make in the future.